For years I’ve used various apps to get money back on my everyday purchases. On average, I get around 3-5% back on my bill for buying items I would buy regardless of the rebate or not. I easily save at least a few hundred a year by using these apps and it’s so easy too! I’ve decided to share these with you guys today in case you haven’t heard of them yet. So here are my top 5 apps that I use to save money on my purchases.
- Ibotta- I’m sure you’ve heard about this one. It’s a very popular rebate app these days and for good reason. This app is packed full of tons of “normal” food items that you probably routinely purchase already. It has a few “any” rebates such as 10-25 cents for any grocery receipt, 25 cents for any milk, etc. It also has bonuses that you can get on top of your regular rebate purchases that range from 50 cents to 5-10 dollars. The store that you’re shopping at will determine how to redeem your rebate. Just check the app before you shop to see what you’ll need to redeem your offers later. This could be as simple as scanning a QR code at the bottom of the receipt, taking a picture of the full receipt, or linking your store rewards card to Ibotta. When making online purchases, it’s also smart to check the app to see if they offer a rebate. There’s currently multiple 5-10% cash back for your online purchases from certain stores. Amazon for instance, currently has multiple 3-5% category offers. It’s simple, check the app, be sure the read the fine print of your offers, and use their link to shop and make your purchases. In store purchases are usually approved with a few hours. Online purchases usually take 30-45 days to receive credit to your account. But if you’re purchasing it anyways, might as well build up that rainy-day fund! Ibotta is my absolute favorite app for this and is the app I get most of my rebates from. Click here to use my referral code and get a $10 bonus with your first rebate redemption (I also get a referral bonus to help support this blog.)
- Checkout51- This one is also a great rebate app that I use fairly often. It has quite a few items you probably routinely purchase along with some new, less known items. It’s also straight forward to use and from time-to-time has bonus offers similar to Ibotta. To claim your rebates with Checkout51, you just need to follow the instructions on the app and select the products you purchased, scan the product barcode, then upload a picture of your receipt on the app. Click here to use my referral link and receive a $2 bonus after your first redemption and $1 for the next 3 receipt redemptions.
- Ebates- This app can also save you a ton of money online or in stores, especially if you shop frequently. It’s easy to use. When you are getting ready to make an online purchase, just find the store offer in the app and click shop. If you are looking to get cash back for in-store purchases, just link your credit card, select your store offer and link it to your card, then shop! Click here to use my referral link and receive a $10 bonus after spending $25 at a participating store via the app.
- Dosh- This app is similar to Ebates but they seem to have different stores. The concept is the same though. You link a card and use your card in stores and get cash back. The great thing about this app is you unlock all nearby offers forever so there’s no need to select each individual offer. You can also add multiple cards. Dosh also has some online offers but it’s definitely a little more limited than Ebates. I think this app is great to use in conjunction with Ebates but Ebates definitely takes the cake. Click here to use my link and receive a $5 bonus when you link your first card.
- BONUS: Acorns- This app is a little different than the others. This app is geared towards investing. You link your debit card and it rounds up your purchases to the nearest dollar then invests the change, providing you with a nest egg for later use. While this isn’t a rebate app, you could definitely make some money by investing in your future now. It’s nice because you don’t miss the change that it takes by rounding up your dollar and if you let it sit for a while, you could easily save hundreds in just a few months. My husband has been using this app for about a year now and has save nearly $500! Click here to receive a $5 bonus when you link your card and invest your spare change.
So there you have it. Those are my five favorite apps I use to make some extra cash. If you’re not already using these great apps, you are definitely missing out on free money so sign up today! (Use my referral link to help support this blog, thanks!)